The importance of the Western Cape agroprocessing sector will be highlighted at this year’s Propak Cape exhibition taking place in Cape Town in October. Packaging forms an important part of the agricultural and agriprocessing value chain by extending shelf life, preventing spoilage and helping the product to arrive at the customer in good condition.
Propak Cape 2017 will showcase cuttingedge advancements in the packaging and related industries in the region. Over 200 hundred local and international exhibitors will be displaying their latest products, equipment, machinery and services, across packaging, food processing, plastics, printing and labelling.
Many live demonstrations will showcase machinery and equipment in action. This year’s show will also expand to include wine and olive oil production and supply at the newly-launched Wine and Olive Oil Production Expo to be held alongside Propak Cape.
“Visitors can expect to see many leading South African and international companies at Propak Cape and will have the opportunity to source new products, find out about the latest trends and technologies, and meet new and existing suppliers,” says Sven Riddle, Event Director at Specialised Exhibitions Montgomery.
“Expert advice will be available from technical specialists who will be on hand to discuss the right solutions for business growth.”
A series of free-toattend seminars will add further value for visitors with industry leaders sharing their knowledge and expertise on a variety of industry topics such as:
- Successful design thinking for packaging and printing innovation;
- Agro-processing: SA food and beverage market and related trade trends;
- Funding for the packaging, processing and plastics industry: accessing the DTI grants and rebates;
- Trends and technological innovations changing the face of food and beverage processing;
- Digital disruption and innovation: the future of packaging;
- Initiatives driving growth in the South African plastics industry;
- Trends and technological innovations changing the face of food and beverage processing; and Emerging trends in sustainable packaging: 2017 and beyond.
Propak Cape is endorsed by the Institute of Packaging SA, Plastics SA, Printing SA, the South African National Bottled Water Association (SANBWA) and the Italian SA Chamber of Trade and Industries (Italchamp).
Propak Cape 2017, together with The Wine and Olive Oil Production Expo, will be taking place at the Cape Town International Conference Centre (CTICC) from 24-26 October 2017