Mining Indaba has assembled an outstanding array of global and regional industry leaders and experts for the 2016 Investing in African Mining Indaba 8-11 February, Cape Town, South Africa. The speaker line-up is set to reflect investment opportunities currently available as well as those beyond the current mining cycle.
The four-day conference programme will provide extensive insight on how investors, governments, and corporates can come together to take a close look at how they can improve operational efficiencies, evaluate how to best mitigate risks associated with investing in the sector, and to identify the critical partnerships for ensuring the development and future sustainability of mining in the years to come.
Key industry leaders and C-level executives confirmed to speak:
- Oliver Andrews, Executive Director and Chief Investment Officer, Africa Finance Corporation
- Tendai Biti, Former Finance Minister, Government of Zimbabwe
- Dr Harry G. Broadman, Director, Council on Global Enterprise and Emerging Markets and Senior Fellow, Foreign Policy Institute, Johns Hopkins University
- Mark Cutifani, Chief Executive Officer, Anglo American PLC
- Alan Davies, Chief Executive, Rio Tinto
- Makhtar Diop, Vice President, Africa, World Bank Group
- Robert Friedland, Executive Chairman and Founder, Ivanhoe Mines Ltd.
- Dr Anil K. Gupta, Michael Dingman Chair in Global Strategy & Entrepreneurship, Smith School of Business, The University of Maryland
- Evy Hambro, Chief Investment Officer, Natural Resources Equity Team, BlackRock
- Hakainde Hichilema, Businessman and President, United Party for National Development
- Rory Kutisker-Jacobson, Analyst, Allan Gray
- Anthony Milewski, Vice President, Investment Team, Pala Investments
- Rick Menell, Chairman, Credit Suisse Securities Johannesburg (Pty) Ltd
- Romain Py, Head of Transactions, African Infrastructure Investment Managers
- Hanre Rossouw, Portfolio Manager/Sector Head: Resources, Investec Asset Management
- Dr Axel Schimmelpfennig, Senior Resident Representative in South Africa, International Monetary Fund
- Mike Stirzaker, Partner, Pacific Road Capital
- Srinivasan Venkatakrishnan, Chief Executive Officer, AngloGold Ashanti Ltd
The organisers continue to add experts and global leaders to the programme. To view the full speaker list or stay current with new additions, click here.
“Setting the benchmark as the world-class mining investment event and presiding as the convener of global and influential deal-makers to provide the platform that channels billions of dollars in capitalising the African mining value chain remains our core focus and we intend to deliver on this promise for the 2016 annual conference,” says Jonathan Moore, Managing Director of the Mining Indaba. The four-day programme will include international speakers of the highest calibre providing visionary keynotes, insightful panel discussions, new and personalised networking elements, and unparalleled deal-making across Africa’s mining industry.
At the 2016 Mining Indaba – 8-11 February in Cape Town, South Africa – global deal-makers will have the opportunity to contribute to the many discussions, take advantage of the growth opportunities, and take the lead in this increasingly competitive market. The 2016 Mining Indaba will once again be “where the world connects with African mining.”
Delegate registration savings remain available; for more information visit http://bit.ly/MiningIndabaReg.