For the last 12 years, Africa’s Big Seven (AB7) has attracted hundreds of international exhibitors and over 10,000 trade visitors looking for new tastes and flavours, new machines and equipment, new trends and ideas, and new suppliers, customers and markets. Here are seven reasons to visit AB7:
AB7 offers free visitor registration and entry, and takes place from 22 to 24 June at Gallagher Convention Centre, Midrand, Johannesburg.
11. Halaal World Expo – Visitors will find this important component of AB7 alongside the huge Malaysian Pavilion.
12. Italian and Polish pavilions –For the first time, Italy and Poland are hosting national trade pavilions showcasing the best and latest food and beverage products. They join a growing list of nations hosting trade pavilions.
13. Taverner’s forum –The Gauteng Liquor Forum (GLF) will host a supplier’s forum intended to bring shebeen owners, tavern owners and township restaurateurs into the mainstream food and beverage industry.
14. Free magazine subscriptions –Visitors who pre-register online for AB7 will receive free subscriptions to four of Italy’s leading English language online trade magazines; Italian Food Materials and Machinery World, Italian Food Excellence, Hotel Worldand Vineyard, and Wine and Quality. To register for AB7 and the free subscriptions, visit www.exhibitionsafrica.com
15. First DrinkTech conference –This year the DrinkTech Africa Expo, one of the seven component shows of AB7, hosts its first-ever industry conference, focusing on trends, challenges and opportunities across Africa’s ‘New Frontier’ markets. The one-day event, titled Spotlight on Beverage & Liquid Food Manufacturing and Marketing in Africa, takes place at AB7 on 24 June 2014.
16. SAA flight discounts –For the first time ever, all exhibitors and visitors who choose to fly to AB7 and SAITEX with South African Airways (SAA) can enjoy special flight discounts of up to 18%.
17. SAITEX – AB7 takes place right alongside the "world-renowned" Southern African International Trade Exhibition (SAITEX) for retail products, celebrating its 21st birthday this year with over 800 exhibitors
For more information on AB7 contact Lineke van der Brugghen, Exhibition Management Services.
Tel: +27 11 783 7250. Fax: +27 11 783 7269.
To see a video from AB7 and SAITEX, go to YouTube and type in: Saitex and Africa's Big 7 2013 exhibitions promotional video.