The Aluminium Federation of South Africa (AFSA) is hosting an exclusive conference and exhibition for the aluminium industry and its clients. This South African first will take place from 16-18 March 2016 at the Lagoon Beach Hotel in Milnerton, just outside of Cape Town.
This event forms part of AFSA’s overall strategic plan to support the South African aluminium industry in the short-, medium- and long-term. The Conference is seen as a stepping-stone towards the vision of “Doubling aluminium demand.” It is aimed at industry professionals and academics – allowing both industry presentations and academic papers as part of the Conference programme.
The Conference will enable networking, sharing information and engaging industry on the state of technology and competitiveness of the sector.
“The aluminium industry has made significant investments and South Africa can truly boast a world class sector”, says AFSA Executive Director and event organiser Mark Krieg.
The Department of Trade and Industry (Dti) has been invited to deliver the keynote address. Captains of the Aluminium industry will give valuable insights into the current state of the Aluminium sector in South Africa, and their vision for the future.
Hear a presentation by CRU, the renowned experts in the metals industry on global Aluminium demand and supply.
Global perspectives are provided on the UK and Canada (policy). Just received, is a presentation on the Chinese Aluminium industry, which has grown to 50% of worldwide production. It will be presented by the Chinese Nonferrous Metals Industries Association (CNIA).
Days 2 and 3 become sector specific, with sessions that cover:
- Fabrication, with emphasis on welding aluminium – full day
- Foundries – academic and industry papers, and a presentation on casting simulation, and a panel discussion on the Preferential Price System on scrap aluminium – full day
- Packaging and reducing food wastage
- Energy – electricity and alternative energy sources
- A management workshop with Professor David Snowden: Managing for success in times of uncertainty and volatility
Learn about Aluminium applications in Building and Construction and obtain 1 CPD point at the Lagoon Beach Hotel in Cape Town – Friday, 18 March 2016
As part of the International Aluminium Conference & Exhibition in Cape Town, the Aluminium Federation of South Africa will present a 1day course on aluminium applications in the Building and Construction industry on 18 March 2016.
Aluminium is used in the manufacture of fenestration, shopfronts and curtain walls, roof sheeting and rain water goods, facades, blinds and shutters, balustrades and handrails, to mention a few applications.
Architects and Quantity Surveyors can earn 1 CPD point by completing the course, which has been accredited by the Cape Institute for Architects. The course costs R1,500.00 (excl.) and covers:
- The unique properties and benefits of aluminium
- Fenestration selection to meet the SANS 10400XA regulation (Energy Efficiency)
- Sustainable cities
- The net zero emission house
- The importance of surface finishing
- How to specify surface finishing to ensure a ling life and the guarantee
- Importance of a care and maintenance routine
- A workshop during which the course material will be applied
Lunch and refreshments will be served in the Exhibition area.
Hard copies of relevant documentation will be provided, and presentations on a USB stick.
The exhibition will run concurrently, giving attendees access to suppliers and service providers in the industry. With a specific focus on building and construction and the automotive industry, this expo promises to be informative and of great value to all.
Bookings are open and space is limited: www.afsa-aluminium-conference.co.za