How can cellars get more value for their wines, while increasing sales? How do the South African industry’s current economic realities relate to the bigger picture? Unlocking value for sustainable wine industry growth will be the focus of the Nedbank VinPro Information Day.
The event will take place on 19 January 2017 from 09:00 – 13:30 at the Cape Town International Convention Centre (CTICC.)
An overview of the wine industry landscape will include the following:
- Global and local economic trends – Nicky Weimar, Nedbank
- Long cycles of the South African wine industry – Prof Nick Vink, US
- What’s happening in the vineyard? – Francois Viljoen, VinPro
A panel discussion will unpack ways in which the industry can grow value from the vine to the shelf, inter alia through innovation and local and global market development. The Unlocking Value panel includes will include:
- Michael Fridjhon, wine critic and columnist
- Rico Basson, VinPro
- Denise Stubbs, Thokozani Wines
- Johann Krige, Kanonkop Wine Estate
- Neville Carew, Origin Wines
- Richard Rushton, Distell
- Gavin Dittmar, Meridian Wines
Do we speak the right language when engaging with the average South African consumer? Lebo Motshegoa from the research company Foshizi will give some perspectives on customer engagement and retention.
The 2017 conference will mark Nedbank’s 11th year as main sponsor. Old Mutual and Mutual & Federal are involved for the second year. Daneel Rossouw, Nedbank’s divisional manager of agriculture in the Western Cape says, “Nedbank has a big appreciation for the wine industry’s contributions to the economy and job creation in the Western Cape and South Africa.
“The sponsorship is in line with our strategic intent to partner with small, medium and large enterprises in the agricultural and other sectors to ensure growth for a greater South Africa. The day provides invaluable networking opportunities amongst business owners and aspiring entrepreneurs, while sharing innovative solutions to some of the challenges facing the industry.”
VinPro members register at R550* per person and non-members at R850 per person.
(*Discount limited to two tickets per member)
Registration closes 9 January 2017.
- Home Affairs plans to open 20 new Smart ID offices with SA banks
- First ever augmented reality wine app
- Artificial Intelligence robot detects human emotions – A first for conferencing at the CTICC
- Nedbank expands with Plug and Play
- Capitec and Nedbank shortlisted to buy South Africa’s ninth largest bank