ACDC Dynamics, sole distributors of the Datalogic product range of sensors, safety machine vision products in South Africa and Africa, is proud to introduce our full range of the new S100 and S15 lines of Universal Photoelectric Sensors.
Datalogic provides the widest range of photoelectric sensors for universal and applications specific purposes, such as colour, contrast and luminescence sensors, fork sensors for label detection, as well as devices for dimensional and distance measurement.
The range of S100 Universal Miniature Photoelectric Sensors boasts standard miniature dimensions of 20x32x12 mm and a unique layout with four mounting holes, the S100 line is a universal solution for all mounting needs.
It is competitively priced and by combining this with standard optical functions, it makes this new sensor the ideal detection solution for applications in automated manufacturing machines and logistic lines that require many sensors in one application.
Other advantages and features of the S100 include:
- Quick and simple installation.
With no adjustment required, the S100 series reduces set-up time and eliminates the risk of tampering with the equipment. This distinctive feature can be particularly useful in applications where a large volume of photoelectric sensors are being installed, requiring simple and fast maintenance.
- Offers a complete range of models:
Through-beam at 12 m; Retro-reflective at 8 m and Polarized Retro-reflective at 6m; Diffuse proximity at 30 cm and 50 cm; Fixed Focus at 70 mm; Background Suppression at 100 mm.
- All models are offered with an M8 connector or 2m cable, with either NPN or PNP outputs.
- Typical applications for the new S100 miniature photoelectric sensor are automatic machines and packaging lines in the manufacturing industry as well as conveyors, sorting lines and automated warehouses in the logistics industry.
- Complementing the already existing ranges of Datalogic tubular sensors (including the S51, S50 and S5 series,) the new S15 series with a shorter housing, with IP69k rating, offering a plastic or explosion proof stainless steel housing option, this range now offers a whole lot more.
Primary benefits gained from using the S15 line would include:
- The S15 offers trimmer models that can be used instead of the standard tubular sensors (S51, S50, S5 series) when a shorter housing is needed or better degree of mechanical IP protection is required
- Space savings as the barrel is much shorter than the standard sensor length.
- Cost savings, basic NPN or PNP output models available.
- Safe in harsh environments with its enhanced durability IP69k rating.
- These environments would include areas such as where there are water-jets present as well as where aggressive cleaning agents are required such as in the Food industry.
- Greater sensing distances offering better performance
- Superior degree of protection the range is compliant to IP65, IP67 and IP69K.
- Johnson Diversey certification for use with detergents
- Atex II 3DG certification
- This product series has been developed to satisfy the requirements of applications in processing as well as packaging machinery.
- It would also be suited to automated warehousing.
- Beverage and bottling is a typical application for the S15 line and its strength is in assembly lines and conveyor belt lines in the food and pharmaceutical industries.