Western Cape exporters who play such a vital role in the economy will be honoured in the annual Exporter of the Year competition run by the Cape Chamber of Commerce and Industry and the overall winner will also receive a cash prize of R50 000.
This year marks the 27th anniversary of the competition designed to promote exports and to recognize and reward the achievements of local exporters who often succeeded in the face of tough global competition and non-tariff barriers.
“We have some outstanding companies and they are doing great things for the economy of the province,” said Ms Janine Myburgh, President of the Chamber. “We are delighted to recognize their achievements and honour them for the work they are doing.”
She said manufacturing industries had been through a difficult time and exporting had been challenging, but we are confident that many companies have excelled in the adverse circumstances.
“It is in the hard times that some of best new ideas emerge because we are compelled to look for better value and more cost-efficient ways of doing things”, she said. “We are expecting some pleasant surprises when this year’s entries come in.”
Several past winners have exported to dozens of countries all over the world
The competition is open to both large and small exporters and the closing date for entries is Friday, October 06, and the names of the winners will be announced at a gala dinner on Thursday, November 02.
ECIC/Cape Chamber of Commerce Western Cape Exporter of the Year Trophy
The Cape Chamber of Commerce floating trophy is awarded to the company who meets the judges’ criteria for commitment to exporting. All exporters, small or large, stand an equal chance of winning this prestigious top award.
Other trophy categories up for grabs:
- Cape Chamber Design (Exporter) Award
- Cape Chamber Innovation Trophy
- Cape Chamber Non-engineering Trophy
- Credit Guarantee Small Exporter Trophy
- Gerald Wolman Trophy for Excellence in Exporting to Africa
- Nedbank Transformation Trophy
- Transnet Port Terminals (TPT) Engineering / Manufacturing Trophy
- For more information or entry forms phone 021 402 4300.
- Details and entry forms can also be found on the Chamber website www.capechamber.co.za/exporter-of-the-year