Exporters in the Western Cape have just two weeks in which to enter this year’s Cape Chamber of Commerce and Industry Exporter of the Year competition and win the R50,000 prize.
The competition, which closes on Thursday, September 22, presents an exciting opportunity for local businesses that export products and/or services to step into the limelight and gain recognition and support for their achievements.
The competition, now in its 26th year, is organised by the Cape Chamber of Commerce and Industry and sponsored by the Export Credit Insurance Corporation (ECIC). The prizes include R50,000 for the overall winner, a second prize of a website and corporate branding makeover to the value of R40,000 by Fable Design and a year’s complimentary membership of the Chamber as a third prize.
The awards will be presented at a gala dinner at the Cape Sun on Thursday, October 13.
“Our exporters compete for business in world markets and they have to be world class to succeed but many of them are unknown to the general public and even to local business. The competition is our way of honouring and encouraging them to achieve even greater heights,” says Ms Janine Myburgh, President of the Chamber.
Entrants have to be businesses registered in the Western Cape and which have been in operation for at least three years and are now exporting goods or services.
The judges will look for excellence, export performance as well as job creation and contribution to the communities in which they operate.
The big award, sponsored by the Export Credit Insurance Corporation, is for overall excellence in exporting and that could go to a small or large company.
In addition there are the following awards:
- The Credit Guarantee Small Exporter trophy
- The Transnet National Ports Authority for a non-manufacturing company
- The Transnet Port Terminals Trophy for the best Engineering/manufacturing company
- The Cape Chamber Trophy for excellence in innovation
- The Gerald Wolman Trophy for Exports to Africa
There are also trophies for exports of outstanding design and for the exporting company that has undergone the greatest transformation.
- Energy, water are 'huge' opportunities, says Ramaphosa investment envoy
- Western Cape Manufacturing Indaba 2018 to Address Pressing Topics
- Finalists at this year's Exporter of the Year 2018 Competition
- Will the new Finance Minister bring some stability to SA's finances?
- Absa Pinotage top 10 competition