The 2014 Absa Currie Cup-winning DHL Western Province squad will embark on a victory parade through Cape Town on Tuesday, October 28.
Players and management will take the Absa Currie Cup trophy to their passionate fans, as they celebrate their dramatic 19-16 win over the Golden Lions in Saturday's final at DHL Newlands - DHL WP's second triumph in three seasons but first at home since 2001.
Three buses, made up of the majority of the players who featured in the 2014 Absa Currie Cup season, team management, VIPs and the media will begin a parade with the Executive Mayor Patricia de Lille at Cape Town City Hall at 12h30, with activations beginning in the streets outside City Hall from 11h00.
Thereafter, the buses will make their way through Adderley Street, Wale Street, Long Street, Buitengracht Street, Loop Street and Strand Street. The buses will then head to Gugulethu Square (in Gugulethu) - via Klipfontein Road in Athlone - and then end off at the Liberty Promenade in Mitchell's Plain to complete the parade.
- How fraudsters are using Absa’s new design to scam South Africans
- Absa introduces WhatsApp Banking - A first for SA
- Drone operators wait years for licences in SA. So how did Absa putting 300 in the skies over Joburg overnight?
- Check out Absa's new look
- DHL eCommerce MoneyAfrica Confex establishes itself as the definitive African digital commerce industry gathering