With the innovation in technology, nothing can be permanently erased.
The same goes for deleted WhatsApp messages which can be recovered.
You may have been in a situation where you accidentally or intentionally deleted a WhatsApp chat and hours later you wish there were a way you could recover it.
The good news is that there is a way. However, it involves a few steps and essentially deleting your WhatsApp. So, if you are up for this and willing to check out how you can recover deleted messages, do read on.
This is how you can recover deleted WhatsApp chats:
- The first step is to open Settings on your phone then select Applications, Application Manager and select WhatsApp.
- When you have selected WhatsApp, there will be a clear data option, select this. Then, open My Files on your phone and select Device Storage, Whatsapp and Databases.
- Then long-press on a file named: msgstore.db.crypt12 and rename it to: backup-msgstore.db
- When you do this, you will be logged out of your WhatsApp. Now you have to log back into your WhatsApp by entering your phone number.
- Once you enter your phone number, you will then receive a six digit OTP.
- After entering your six digit OTP, then select: restore deleted messages.
- Once your messages have been restored, select next
- This will direct you to your profile and you can enter your name and then select next.
- At this point, your WhatsApp will start to initialise.
- Google Drive will then ask you to backup your media, select Never and then Done.
- Open your chats and you will see that your deleted chat has been restored.
- South Africans can now contact politicians via WhatsApp for better service delivery
- South Africans may soon be able to pay bills, buy clothes and get flight tickets through WhatsApp
- Absa introduces WhatsApp Banking - A first for SA
- WhatsApp needs your help to stop fake news
- Why South Africa may soon have a 16 age restriction for WhatsApp