American car-maker Ford said it would invest 3 billion rand ($211 million) in its South African assembly plant to meet rising domestic and international demand for its Ford Ranger pickup truck, the company said on Friday.
“This significant investment reaffirms Ford’s ongoing commitment to South Africa as a local manufacturer, exporter and key employer in the automotive sector,” Ockert Berry, vice president operations for Ford Middle East and Africa said in a statement
- New facility aims to boost trade for SA firms in Africa
- Absa introduces WhatsApp Banking - A first for SA
- Siemens Gamesa to install two large onshore wind farm projects in South Africa
- Advancing South Africa into the 4th Industrial Revolution
- 5 things McKinsey is doing to try salvage its reputation in South Africa