Lafarge South Africa Holdings (Pty) Ltd on Tuesday announced the new appointment of Rossen Papazov as Country Chief Executive Officer (CCEO).
Papazov would be joining the company as with effect from October 01. The appointment was the culmination of a wide-ranging global search for a suitable candidate. For the last four years, Papazov has been CCEO for Holcim (later, LafargeHolcim) in Azerbaijan where he successfully achieved a business turnaround during a period of economic crisis in the country.
Papazov joined the international Holcim group in 2000 as the Business Development Manager for Bulgaria. He went on to excel in senior management positions, especially with his leadership of businesses in challenging economic times.
This included being the General Manager of Aggregates and Readymix in Bulgaria; Marketing Director for Aggregates and Readymix in Belgiumand the Netherlands, and Commercial Director for the Readymix business in Romania.
“Lafarge South Africa believes that Papazov’s experience will be invaluable in guiding the company to address the challenges it faces in the highly competitive local building materials market,” the company said.
- Here’s how much money the average Burger King makes in South Africa
- Utter carnage on global markets - but these South African shares are rallying
- Confidence levels among consulting engineers hit rock-bottom
- Western Cape Manufacturing Indaba 2018 to Address Pressing Topics
- Sanlam is now the largest insurer in Africa