According to SAnews.gov.za Motorists will breathe a sigh of relief as the price of petrol is set to decrease next Wednesday.
Petrol price will drop by 20 cents, diesel by 32 cents while paraffin will decrease by 28 cents.
According to the Department of Energy, the main reasons for the fuel price adjustments are due to the contribution of the Rand/US Dollar exchange rate.
The Rand appreciated slightly against the US Dollar from R13.96 to R13.91 during the period under review when compared to the previous one.
There was also a decrease in the prices of crude oil during the period under review.
- How the price of petrol, electricity and food in South Africa compares to other countries
- Telkom LIT prices increased
- Deregulating fuel price could lead to massive job losses, Parliament told
- Petrol price hits another high with 1c/l increase from Wednesday
- Minister of energy, Mr Jeff Radebe, announces adjustment of fuel prices effective from 04 July 2018