Paulo Peereboom, formerly Commercial and Supply Chain Director, will become Retail Operations and Supply Chain Director. Building on his extensive retail operating experience, Paulo will bring these two areas under single leadership, and will be tasked with refining and implementing the company’s new operating model.
Paula Disberry joins Pick and Pay as Group Commercial Director. Paula has very strong leadership experience in retail, demonstrated most recently with Woolworths in South Africa, where she led retail operations, online and real estate. Prior to that, Paula had a strong track record of delivering growth and innovation at global retailer Tesco, and more broadly with Colgate-Palmolive and BP.
Commenting on these two appointments, Pick n Pay CEO Richard Brasher says, “Over the past three years, Paulo has made a strong contribution to modernising Pick n Pay’s commercial division. I now want him to apply his passion and expertise across our retail and supply chain operations as part of our strategy to be a more efficient and customer-focused company.”
“I am delighted that Paula Disberry is joining Pick n Pay. We will benefit greatly from her experience and passion for bringing exceptional quality and value to our customers. Customers are at the heart of any retail business and Paula is excited by Pick n Pay’s desire to improve every aspect of our business and meet the expectations of our millions of loyal customers.”
- Tekkie Town founders announce new chain store Mr. Tekkie
- South Africans may soon be able to pay bills, buy clothes and get flight tickets through WhatsApp
- 15,000 jobs and 4 new initiatives you can expect from Pick n Pay
- LOCAL versus EXPORT The dilemma of an emerging clothing brand in South Africa
- Barclays Africa retail banking CEO Moganwa leaves amid shake-up