Standing up to high-impact traffic, while providing effective insulation and remaining attractive, is the reason for the popularity of the heavy-duty Apex SR 9000 traffic door. Designed and manufactured locally by Apex Strip Curtains & Doors, the Apex SR 9000 doors boasts remarkable stability.
This is because of its patented honeycomb framework and flexible urethane foam insulation. The high density urethane core also ensures good sound-proofing qualities, and renders it lightweight in relation to its strength.
To absorb impacts the door is fitted with high bumpers. This also reduces stress on hardware and mount assemblies. Bull-nosed perimeter edges on the door panels have at least an 8mm radius, which helps prevent excessive wear on the edges.
Much of the door’s visual appeal comes from its rugged 3mm ABS outer facing, which is available in a range of colours. Despite its good looks the surface is tough as nails, resisting attack from various substances including acid, petroleum products, salt solutions and animal fats. It will simply not chip dent, peel, pit or corrode.
It can retain its physical properties in temperatures as low as minus 40º C. Apex Strip Curtains & Doors manufactures all its products in accordance with international standards, using materials that comply with stringent hygiene and safety criteria.
This includes ensuring that the urethane core in the door’s hollow shell does not contain carbon-fibre reinforced carbon (CFRC), a substance that is difficult to recycle.
- Energy, water are 'huge' opportunities, says Ramaphosa investment envoy
- Western Cape Manufacturing Indaba 2018 to Address Pressing Topics
- NETSOL Technologies Goes Live in South Africa with German Auto Manufacturing Giant
- Another weak data point shows China's economy is 'now facing relatively obvious downward pressure'
- China manufacturing improves in August but sales weaken