the deadline for applications for the Western Cape Government’s R6.6m Cape Capital Fund has been extended to 12 June. Alan Winde, Minister of Economic Opportunities, said the original deadline of 22 May had been extended to ensure that more entrepreneurs had the opportunity to apply.
The fund, which has been devised by the Department of Economic Development and Tourism, is a cost-sharing grant for small businesses in the oil and gas and agri-processing sectors. Minister Winde said the fund would provide businesses with the support they need to buy new equipment and improve their businesses processes.
It would also assist entrepreneurs with increasing market access through trade missions, certification, accreditation and participation in exhibitions.
- Applicants must be a for-profit organisation/ entity;
- Operational for at least 24 months;
- Applicants must have annual financial statements;
- Registration with the Companies and Intellectual Property Commission (CIPC);
- Valid BBBEE certificate which clearly indicates the ownership profile of the organisation;
- All relevant trading licences