SINCE its inception, more than 50 companies, representing 150,000 employees, have already invested in VIP People, a turnkey payroll, HR and Employee Self Service Solution, developed by Sage VIP, leading HR and payroll software and services provider in South Africa.
“VIP People is our latest generation product offering and is available to all South African companies, particularly for the enterprise market,” says Anton van Heerden, Managing Director of Sage VIP. ”It is powerful, simple, flexible, feature-rich and highly customisable. The solution caters for diverse and often quite complex payroll and HR challenges faced by South African organisations, especially those with a large number of employees.
Anton continues: “VIP People placed the organisation on the forefront of yet another development. Innovation is one of the core values at Sage VIP, and therefore we continuously develop software that is fresh, forward thinking and in line with world-class standards. This solution combines state of the art technology with VIP’s existing, well-developed infrastructure. It also effectively incorporates the Group’s extensive experience in the HR and payroll industry, ensuring that companies are legislatively compliant, while keeping focus on business efficiency and value. VIP People is the result of years of interaction with our clients, learning how they operate and incorporating best practices and procedures.”
Van Heerden says, “VIP People is our most ambition research and development project the company has ever embarked on.”
McCarthy Motor Group, one of South Africa’s largest motor retailing groups, is one of the companies that implemented VIP People recently. Shelley Viljoen, Payroll Manager at McCarthy, said since they have implemented VIP People, their payroll processes are much more streamlined and automated. “We have a big staff turnover and the solution definitely assists in managing all our complex HR and payroll needs. We are also looking forward to the Employee Self Service (ESS) system, which will simplify the process of leave applications and approvals and it will allow employees to print their own payslips.” Viljoen said McCarthy’s payroll team wants to implement a paperless office and the new system allows them to capture and edit any data electronically. Viljoen also complemented VIP People on the detailed management reports and business analytics.
Existing customers of VIP’s Payroll offerings will have the choice to continue with their existing software or to upgrade to the latest offering, with full support from Sage VIP resources. The rollout into Africa is scheduled for 2014.
Some interesting facts about VIP People:
- Developed in .Net and runs on a MS SQL Server.
- The real-time design that VIP’s products are known for, is also an integral part of the People system.
- It employs a friendly and familiar user interface with the ability to customise the working space for each user, as they prefer.
- The payslip keep track of, and manage details of external payments for example garnishees, bond payments, revenue services, etc.
- Company parameter management is streamlined. For example, VIP People can create unlimited companies per database and employees’ pay periods can be viewed for two years in advance.
- Customers regularly receive all the latest statutory updates ensuring full legal compliance with minimal effort.
- The expression builder allows for complex calculations for any payroll parameter.
- Multiple Medical aid providers, with their various options, can be created.
- Employees’ leave transactions are viewed on an actual calendar, and the leave set-up is done according to company specific guidelines.
- It is built on an extremely secure design, which employs best practice principles to ensure maximum security and control.
- All historic information is stored in the system
- Business Reporting is included in the system and through an ESS and MSS dashboard all parties have access to reports applicable to their role or position in the company.
- It includes the following add-on modules: Employee Self Service, Performance Management and Job costing.