TFG (The Foschini Group) has acquired, through its United Kingdom (UK) subsidiary, Phase-Eight, the entire share capital of Whistles, a British contemporary fashion brand for men and women.
Whistles currently has 46 standalone stores in the UK and is stocked in selected departmental stores across the world including Bloomingdales in the United States of America and Harrods in the UK. It also sells its merchandise online.
The addition of Whistles to TFG's existing portfolio of brands will further position TFG as a leading fashion retailer not only in South Africa, but internationally, and will enhance its online presence.
“We very much look forward to working with the TFG team to continue to build on the success of Whistles and take it to the next stage of its evolution”, says Jane Shepherdson, Whistle's CEO.
“Whistles is a brand that we have long admired, for which we believe there is a significant opportunity for growth. We look forward to working with the team to further develop the brand,” says Doug Murray, TFG CEO.
- Pick n Pay's massive price cuts boost profits
- Pick n Pay modernisation programme sees another store opening in Cape Town
- Tekkie Town founders announce new chain store Mr. Tekkie
- South Africans may soon be able to pay bills, buy clothes and get flight tickets through WhatsApp
- LOCAL versus EXPORT The dilemma of an emerging clothing brand in South Africa