At the World Design Capital 2014, Bavaria showed how design has had a positive impact on their citizens and shared stories through installations, films, lectures and conventional exhibits. These included examples of public/private collaborations and innovations; urban planning and renewal; sustainable solutions for housing, agriculture, energy and climate change; public sector responses to urbanisation; and community building and social cohesion within burgeoning cities.
The City of Cape Town, through this year has highlighted the role of design in solving social, cultural, environmental and economic challenges, and will have a digitally interactive exhibition giving visitors different views and perspectives of the city on a giant floor exhibit.
- Energy, water are 'huge' opportunities, says Ramaphosa investment envoy
- Solar power sector awaits clarity on govt's energy plan
- ADC Energy; efficiency and maximising network performance
- Load shedding highly likely this winter - energy expert
- “Energy Expert” Blom’s crusade against 27 renewable energy contracts