In April 2015 the South African government announced the fourth round of successful bidders of the Renewable Energy Independent Power Producer Procurement Programme (REIPPP,) and have projected that approximately 1000 megawatts (MW) of power will added to the national grid as a result of these projects.
Maloba Tshehla, Renewable Energy Sector Manager at Greencape, tells Cape Business News about previous and upcoming renewabkle projects in the Western Cape and South Africa. Tshehla also shares how the average businessman or woman can bring renewable energy into his/ her business.
“The renewable energy projects that have been connected and operated [with the REIPPP] into the grid have been seen to have saved the economy roughly R800m.”
Watch the video to find out more.
- A solar energy park near Citrusdal in the Western Cape has been completed
- Airport Company South Africa launches solar power plant
- SA businesses urged to invest in customised solar solutions
- SMA Solar opens state-of-the-art factory in Cape Town
- #cocreateSA Fund awarded to nine South African-Dutch sustainability projects